Reports to: COO
You will have responsibility for leading the overall go-to-market strategy for our products, including establishing and driving product positioning, content generation, and integrated marketing programs. Our ideal candidate has a record of success delivering measurable results in B2B SaaS software product marketing environments. You should have the ability to work both as a hands on contributor and a cross-functional team member with Sales, Pre-Sales, Support and Product Management. This is a high-impact position with the potential for significant growth. The Director will be a member of the leadership team and participate accordingly.
What we want you to do:
- Develop overall corporate strategic marketing, brand and communication strategy
- Partner with Sales to deliver marketing qualified leads per agreed upon targets. Share commitment to revenue goal attainment
- Create and develop demand and lead generation activities, conversion and nurture programs, and marketing campaigns that provide measurable improvement for top-line growth and deliver a solid pipeline
- Strategically integrate and leverage demand generation tactics and tools, including email, web seminars, events, social media, and search engine marketing
- Ensure Sales has all needed tools and training on tools to drive pipeline to close
- Actively solicit input from key internal stakeholders regarding new demand generation and campaign plan requirements. Partner with internal teams to create compelling content and offerings mapped to customer profiles.
- Manage, track, report and present marketing programs / budgets - campaign costs, performance, and ROI
- Create and develop integrated programs and campaigns in alignment with new release launches, new product features, strategic campaigns, and existing product up-sell
- Effectively communicate plans and metrics regularly to executive and sales leadership. This will include reporting on trials, web traffic, new registrants, outbound sales efforts, and direct mail results.
- Select and manage local events targeting the buyer(s) to include trade shows, conferences, analyst presentations, etc. Events should optimize branding opportunities as well as generating Marketing Qualified Leads for sales. Manage pre and post-event follow up and measurement with the sales team.
- Aggressively review and stay abreast of market trends through all available resources, including trade publications, Third Party Market Reports, direct customer contact, participation in industry conferences/expos/trade shows, etc.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and integrated go-to-market programs to exceed revenue targets
- Manage Digital Marketing (SEO, Email, Linkedin and social media)
- Manage and build relationships with industry analysts
- Trade Show management
- Develop and manage marketing budget as well as departmental budget
- Lead the creation of top-quality content collateral and sales tools for each stage of buyer's journey
- Build and lead a high-performing team
- Participate on the leadership team
What you need to succeed:
- Expertise in SAAS
- Expertise in CRM, Marketing Automation platforms, Salesforce preferred
- Team building and people management experience
- Advanced knowledge of current and innovative application software demand gen methods across multiple channels (email, webinars, SEM/SEO, PPC, display, retargeting, social, events, etc.)
- Previous experience managing marketing budgets and processes
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
- The ability to work both individually, in a team environment, and with cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to manage and set expectations of execution and results of marketing campaigns.
- Ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and projects
- Excellent reporting skills with a solid understanding of reporting tools
- Highly collaborative, self-starter, check the ego at the door, always interested in learning and innovating, unafraid to take action
- 5 - 7 years of proven success, preferably in application software
SurveyGizmo, founded in 2006, is an Industry leader in do-it-yourself data collection tools, allowing for business professionals to make better decisions. We are a group of 80 innovative, engaged, and hard-working individuals who have a blast providing great service and great software to our more than 20,000 customers. We are fast-paced, agile, and sometimes a bit quirky, always thinking about what's next.
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 12:48:03 PDT