Assistant Director of Residence Life
The Assistant Director serves as a member of the Residence Life leadership team (along with the Director) and is responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of student employment and student leadership development through the Residence Life Department. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Hall Director staff and support and advise their work with the student staff and the residential curriculum.
A. Oversee the Residential Curriculum and other community programming initiatives to ensure that all students feel welcome and included at Concordia. (40%)
- Assess current Residential Curriculum components to measure student learning
- Use assessment results to modify and develop new Residential Curriculum components
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of Orientation to align the Residential Curriculum with the First Year Transition program
- Train hall directors and student staff to implement the Residential Curriculum
- Maintain the Residential Curriculum Moodle site and track student staff completion of assignments
B. Coordinate recruitment, hiring, training and evaluation of student staff. (40%)
- Oversee the entire recruitment and selection process of current and returning live-in student staff (advertising, application process, group process, interviews, etc).
- Hire and coordinate training for desk workers at 5 residence hall desks
- Coordinate 10 day Fall Training for all live-in student staff, aligning training with Student Staff Learning Outcomes
- Supervise the Summer Intern and Advise the Fall Training Committee
- Plan on-going training and professional development for student staff
- Support and advise Hall Directors in their supervision of student staff
- Evaluate performance of student staff and assess the Student Staff Learning Outcomes
C. Coordinate in-hall student leader development (10%)
- Oversee recruitment and training of each hall’s Hall Council/Programming Board
- Support Hall Directors in their role as advisors of Hall Council/Programming Board
- Advise the Eco-Rep Program, in consultation with Sustainability Coordinator
D. General support of the department/division (10%)
- Serve in the Student Affairs On-Call rotation
- Serve on relevant departmental or campus-wide committees
Master’s Degree in Education, Student Personnel, Student Affairs or a related field (or Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of full-time employment in a Higher Ed setting). Experience living or working in a residence hall setting.
Prior professional experience in Residence Life, experience working with student leadership or development in a college/university setting; experience with a residential curriculum model; experience assessing student learning.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://hr.cord.edu. Concordia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Criminal background check required.