Vice President for Business Affairs
The Vice President for Business Affairs assists the President in accomplishing the College's overall mission and strategic plan. The Vice President for Business Affairs reports to the President and provides leadership regarding business operations, physical facilities, physical assets and safety of the College. The incumbent must promote sustainability in College operations and take appropriate steps to move the institution forward in the management of risk management, security, safety, technology, human resources, and grounds maintenance.
- serve as chief consultant to the President on business affairs;
- provide the President, President’s Cabinet, Board of Trustees with insights regarding financial issues that might affect operations and growth;
- responsible for the accurate, timely and complete filing of financial reports with regulatory agencies;
- act as a central figure in the strategic planning of the College;
consult with and advise the members of the President’s Cabinet on matters relating to business affairs;
- ensure that the assets and operation of the business affairs department fulfill the academic mission of the College in support of the College’s strategic plan;
- manage the College's debt, overseeing the accounting protocols, ensuring that the financial portfolio and its employees are following standard, legal accounting rules and acting as a leader within the College’s leadership;
- promote compliance within business affairs with federal, state, and local laws and
- promote compliance with the College’s policies on risk and insurance management
- manage the services necessary to support the efficient business services operations of the College (e.g., postal service, food services, bookstore, parking, vending);
- administer the College’s purchasing needs, including interests in contractual services, renewals of all types, supplies and materials, equipment, and services;
- serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet;
- submit recommendations to the President for the appointment, promotion, or dismissal of business affairs staff;
- supervise and safeguard all funds and securities of the College;
- represent the College in all business transactions;
- prepare all financial reports for the Board of Trustees, President, Vice Presidents, administrative staff, Department Chairs and outside agencies;
- assist the President in preparing and administering the annual budget and to administer the approved budget;
- provide for all College audits;
- supervise the preparation of payroll;
- supervise and oversee human resources department and benefit administration;
- administer the College insurance portfolio;
- supervise the processing of requisitions and purchases of equipment, furnishings and supplies;
- oversee the administration of tuition records for all students;
- maintain the general inventory of all College properties;
- coordinate the business affairs areas;
- conduct studies for purposes of evaluation and improvement of business affairs activities;
- supervise the development and implementation of long-range planning in the business area;
- hire food service and maintenance personnel;
- administer the College security program;
- recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff;
- prepare office plans, objectives, budgets and evaluations;
- support the philosophy and objectives of the College;
- participate in College functions;
- serve on committees of the College;
- other duties as assigned to meet the mission of the College.
- Master’s degree in finance, higher-ed administration, or business administration with strong accounting experience is required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in higher education and/or mid to senior level finance administration;
- small and large project/program orientation;
- ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems;
- knowledge of federal and state financial regulations;
- ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis;
- excellent leadership and communication skills;
- demonstrate negotiation with excellent interpersonal skills.
APPOINTMENT: June 1, 2017
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ON-LINE APPLICATION PROCESS FOUND AT:
When you have completed the on-line application process your information will be forwarded to the Search Committee for their review. The Search Committee will carefully review each resume and select the strongest candidates. Once the selection process is completed, qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Internal Posting Deadline: Review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
External Posting Deadline: Review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.