Right of Way Inspector I
General Statement of Job
Part-time no benefits, non-exempt position in which the employee will work an average of 20 hours per week.
Starting Hourly Range, depending on qualifications: $19.13 to $24.84
Full Salary Range: $19.13 to $30.20
Application deadline: January 30, 2017
MUST APPLY DIRECTLY ON TOWN'S WEBSITE
This position is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the permitted work within the Town road right-of-ways. The individual assists with reviews of permit plans and applications. Makes field inspections to insure compliance with Town codes, ordinances, and policies. Assists contractors with locating Town owned utilities. Assists contractors by answering questions prior to permit application submittal.
- Make daily inspections of site contractors working with permits.
- Assess fines for violations thereof.
- Answer questions and provide information to contractors and the general public.
- Provide liaison between Town and public utilities.
- Enforces ordinances controlling the use of streets and public rights of way.
- Ensures and enforces compliance with terms of permits authorizing construction in streets and public rights of way.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other agencies, departments, and private utilities involved in or affected by right of way construction permit applications.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with construction of paving, drainage, water, and sewer systems required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction methods and techniques with respect to paving, drainage, water, and sewer projects.
- Possess ability to effectively communicate with contractors and the public.
- Read and interpret blueprints, plats, and property legal descriptions.
- Reviews right of way permit applications.
- Ability to perform general high school level mathematics (algebra and geometry, as a minimum).
- Ability to prepare and submit reports, letters, and other paperwork in a clear, concise and legible manner.
Apply to the Town of Palm Beach Human Resources Department by going to www.townofpalmbeach.com, click on the Employment tab, click on the online application system, and select the job title you are interested in. Register as an applicant and complete your applicant profile including your details about your education, employment history, and skills.
The town offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account for medical care and/or dependent care
Paid vacation and sick leave
Supplemental life insurance
Palm Beach, FL
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:44:50 PDT