FAME Daytime Camp Counselor (7a-4p)
FAME camp employment begins on Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 1 p.m. in the C.W. Pettigrew Center, room 102. There will be an interest meeting for prospective Camp Counselors on May 1, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in room 102 Founders Hall.
The FAME Daytime Camp Counselor assists in the coordination of classroom activities for approximately 120 campers each week for 2 weeks of five-day camp program (Monday - Friday). The Daytime Camp Counselor is responsible for assisting instructors and youth ages 13-18 with daily classroom activities. This position is also responsible for the general safety of the participants in his/her assigned drama, dance, arts and crafts, music, and sculpture group. The daytime counselor will provide high quality educational and recreational experiences for FAME camp participants. All Counselors must participate in a one day training before the camp begins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a variety of small and large group activities each session. Activities include, but are not limited to: film, drama, dance, arts and crafts, music, and sculpture.
- Maintain accurate records including incident reports and daily attendance
- Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the camp program
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers' safety and their whereabouts at all times
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Regular work schedule is 7a-4p
- Must be flexible and willing to aid other counselors when needed
Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, hiking, canoeing, swimming, team building initiatives, building campfires, physical games, and activities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.