Executive Director, Marketing and Communications
Crummer Graduate School of Business
Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida
The Executive Director leads the Crummer Graduate School of Business marketing, communications, and branding strategy to position the School as a leader in graduate business education. The Crummer School’s mission is to develop global business leaders and innovators through a high quality, integrated, experiential education that prepares them to add significant value to their organizations and communities. This includes providing strategic vision to establish Crummer’s brand domestically and globally while proactively engaging faculty, prospective and current students, alumni, donors, staff, and other key constituents – internal and external. The Executive Director reports to the Dean of the Crummer School, with a dotted-line relationship to the Assistant Dean of Admissions in support of Crummer’s student recruiting operation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with faculty and senior staff leadership to develop and execute a Crummer-wide marketing, communications, and global branding strategy aligned with the School’s mission, vision, values.
- Initiate, develop, coordinate, and distribute strategic communication.
- Establish controls to consistently measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies and strategic communication in alignment with the School’s goals.
- Lead and manage market research, competitive intelligence, and market analysis/forecasting to ensure Crummer has a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Manage the school’s general marketing/advertising and PR budget which includes media buys, public relations, direct mail, collateral material, and social and multimedia initiatives.
- Collaborate with Crummer faculty, senior staff leadership, and our PR agency of record to strategically place the School in media outlets.
- Work with the marketing manager to plan and manage advertising, direct mail campaigns, collateral production, displays, search engine optimization (SEO), digital marketing, and all other marketing-related functions to include website design and maintenance via content management system (CMS).
- Implement and manage the development and production of marketing and communications materials for the School including writing and editing collateral, new program content, and other print/web items.
- Design presentations to be used for both internal and external marketing purposes.
- Provide design and direction for collateral, web, product packaging, and other visual communications media for Crummer.
- Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the College and brand positioning which includes working closely with the Rollins College Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends; and work in a fast paced professional environment.
- Must exercise sound judgment and decision-making by ensuring interpretation and communication of policies and procedures are consistent and accurate.
- Provide direct supervision to staff.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license, accessible transportation and a good driving record to attend work-related events.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field; minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience with demonstrated success in marketing and communications (preferably in a high quality institution of higher education with graduate programs or a corporate environment).
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing strategic marketing and brand strategy plans that lead to specific, measurable results aligned with the organization’s goals.
- Experience leading professional-level staff.
- Detail-oriented with effective planning and project management skills to manage projects from conception to implementation.
- Ability to flourish in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven track record in brand development and current marketing and communications trends, including new media channels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with individuals on all levels to achieve common goals (faculty, staff, vendors, students, alumni, and other constituents).
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately against deadlines.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to contribute ideas to improving internal processes.
- Extensive experience with budget management and basic accounting concepts; strong time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- A strong understanding of all aspects of digital marketing and social networking campaigns for student recruitment, event promotion, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with marketing in online environments including analytics.
- Computer and technology literacy.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.rollins.edu/careers/ and upload a cover letter and resume. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Rollins offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health insurance coverage, generous paid time off, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution, full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.