Chief Audit Executive
• Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field; CIA or CPA preferred
• 10 years of work experience, ideally including at least 5 years of combined experience with a Big Four accounting firm and/or internal audit of a highly sophisticated financial services organization;
• Experience and expertise in building positive working relationships with the various critical stakeholders including regulators, Board of Managers and external auditors.
• Experience leading and performing complex projects;
• Working knowledge of bond securitization and bond administration processes;
• Broad familiarity of key information technology risks and controls and available technology-based audit techniques;
• Knowledge of computer-assisted audit tools and other data analysis techniques;
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment;
• Experience presenting to senior management and Boards;
• Experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
Our leadership behaviors align to our values and mission. The desired leadership behaviors include:
• Anticipating what your customers value and developing solutions
• Seizing opportunities, striking a balance between accepting workable solutions and pushing for better alternatives
• Leading by example and gaining the confidence and trust of others through logic, authenticity, and always acting with integrity
• Stepping up to address difficult issues, invite diverse perspectives, and saying what needs to be said
The Chief Audit Executive reports directly to the Board of Managers and administratively to the CEO. This individual will be responsible for the ongoing enhancement and continuous improvement of the long-term strategy of the internal audit function and will help to ensure professional standards of documentation and controls are maintained throughout the company. This individual will provide independent, objective assurance of financial controls and operational processes, working with the senior management team, the Board of Managers, our regulators as well as our external auditors, as a collaborative partner and value-added resource. He/she will take a leadership role in ensuring CSS maintains a world-class internal control environment.
Key Job Functions
• Conduct a thorough risk assessment and seek continuous improvements to a comprehensive audit methodology that is responsive to the operational, financial, control and other risks within the company.
• Coordinate scope and coverage of the annual audit plan with the company's independent external auditors and the company's regulator.
• Present the annual audit plan to the CEO and Board for approval and seek approval for any significant changes.
• Provide periodic updates on status of the audit plan as well as updates on the status of the overall operation of the internal Audit department.
• Inform and advise the Audit Committee of the Board of Managers and top management on risk management issues and the root cause analysis of the risks.
• Provide periodic reporting on the status of remedial actions by management to address audit issues as well as Matters Requiring Attention issued by the regulator.
• Determine that the company's operating units are in compliance with corporate standard operating procedures and other operating policies.
• Coordinate with the General Counsel, Head of Enterprise Risk Management and other management representatives on control activity execution and aggregation of control related matters.
• Recruit, train, and mentor a team that will be seen as a superb training group for future company leadership.
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
• Develop and maintain a quality assurance and improvement program that covers all aspects of the internal audit activity to ensure that internal audit activity is compliant with all professional and ethical standards.
• Escalate issues to senior management when levels of residual risk are unacceptable to the organization, and, if not resolved satisfactorily, escalate the matter to the Board for resolution.
• Develop written reports and prepare and deliver presentations to senior management and the Board that summarize audit reviews and include an assessment of severity, supporting business rationale for recommended policy, process or procedural changes.
ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The AnswerTM.
Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 08:09:49 PDT