Visiting Assistant Professor (Spanish)
General Description of Position: The Department of Modern Languages is seeking a one-year term Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish. This opportunity would be a Specialist in Spanish usage-based linguistics, applied linguistics or second language acquisition, beginning fall, 2017. Information about the Department:
Modern Languages Department: http://www.k-state.edu/mlangs/Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.Job Description:
- Teach six (6) courses per year at graduate or undergraduate levels, including Spanish linguistics courses and courses in support of M.A. option in Second Language Acquisition.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment. ABD required.
- PhD obtained by August, 2017.
- Expertise in translation or Spanish for business/professional purposes.
- Commitment to active research profile and service activities.
- Successful candidate will value multicultural perspectives in both teaching and research.
In addition to completing an application, please only submit the following:
- Letter of application
- Unofficial transcripts, to the attention of Mary Copple, Search Committee chair.