Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician Supervisor
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician SupervisorJob Description:
The chief purpose of the Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician Supervisor is to assist the manager and faculty in overseeing the emergency and critical care area and directing the daily function of the SAH ECC Department by providing direction and assistance to ECC technicians, interns, residents and third and fourth year veterinary students.
- The position will guide staff in making appropriate decisions and implementing policies and procedures. Provide nursing care to critically ill patients and assist clinicians with teaching advanced technical skills and critical thinking to veterinary students.
- The supervisor is responsible for assisting the manager with mentoring and developing staff members.
- Position will strive to create a team centric environment focused on high quality patient care.
- The supervisor must be a motivated, well-organized, and caring individual who is knowledgeable and skillful in the nursing care of stable and critically ill animal patients.
- The Emergency and Critical Care Service provides patient care 24/7.
- This position would be responsible to ensure patient care is adequate during each shift.
- Schedule will be adjustable to accommodate the needs of the service.
- This position is required to cover assigned holidays throughout the year. The supervisor may be required to cover alternate shifts, weekends, holidays or on-call shifts.
- This position requires a post offer health assessment and criminal background check.
Commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
Credentialed veterinary technician and four years of experience in veterinary emergency medicine.Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program and/or certified veterinary technician.
- Advanced technical skills and a strong knowledge of emergency and critical care medicine
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous veterinary teaching hospital experience
- VTS certification or certification eligible
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of references.
These are time-limited positions. This posting is for two position openings.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: Yes