Associate Dean for International Programs
The College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Alabama seeks applications from interested faculty for the Associate Dean for International Programs. The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate or terminal degree in a discipline represented in the College and be eligible to be a tenured faculty member at the Associate or Full Professor level. This full-time (12-month) faculty position is to begin August 16, 2017. With several established international partnerships and a rich slate of study abroad programs, the College fully embraces the importance of global collaboration and wishes to enhance all aspects of its global presence and outreach. The successful candidate will oversee the College’s international needs and continue to develop programming that gives our faculty exciting research, teaching, and service opportunities and prepares our students for a globally connected world. Discipline is open, but must fit within one of the College’s 22 academic departments. Writing and speaking fluency in a language other than English is strongly preferred. This position will require frequent travel.
Responsibilities may include:
• Manage the College’s relationships with other institutions in countries such as Cuba, Ghana, Greece, China, and the UK
• Forge and develop new relationships with international institutions
• Liaise with the Center for Cuba Collaboration and Scholarship
• Work with the Graduate Dean to recruit outstanding international students
• Serve as a contact for visa and immigration matters within the College
• Develop new international faculty and student programming
• Liaise with the Capstone International Center
• Provide support for faculty-led programs
A complete application includes
(1) A cover letter outlining accomplishments relevant to the requirements of the position;
(3) A list of at least three references (including contact information). Letters of reference will be requested by the search committee as appropriate.
To apply, complete the online application at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/40472 and upload all requested documents. Questions about the Associate Dean for International Programs position may be addressed to Senior Associate Dean Luoheng Han, chair of the search committee (firstname.lastname@example.org; 205-348-7007). Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Prior to hiring, the final candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation. The anticipated start date is August 16, 2017. Additional information about the College of Arts & Sciences and this available position can be found on our website at www.as.ua.edu. Applications from women and members of traditionally under-represented groups are especially encouraged. The University of Alabama is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Minority and Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants to and employees of this institution are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link below to find out more.
“EEO is the Law” http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Search Initiation Date: 03/31/2017 Expected Starting Date: 08/16/2017 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload a list of at least three references (including contact information) to the “Other Document 1” tab.