Directs the daily operation of the Office of Student Records and Registration to ensure the secure, efficient storage of permanent student records, maintaining the integrity of the University Catalogs, providing student services including registration, schedule changes, verification of enrollment, maintenance of current address information, graduation audit, grades, official transcripts, and degree plans.
1. Maintains and upgrades the University’s academic records and academic information infrastructures.
2. Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of University academic policies and procedures including, but not limited to, student registration, records, class schedules, instructional space scheduling, residency requirements, and graduation requirements. Serves as internal consultant and reviews policy exception requests as specified by University regulations.
3. Develops, implements, and manages policies and procedures ensuring effective and efficient operation of the Office in compliance with University, accrediting agency, local, state, and federal regulations.
4. Plans and oversees the implementation of the registration process including student adds/drops/ withdrawals and certification of enrollment to individuals and agencies as needed.
5. Ensures the timely preparation and distribution of semester administrative documents including but not limited to course section status reports, deficiency grade reports, student grade reports, end of semester reports including probation and suspension reports and honor certificates.
6. Develops and publishes major University information documents including but not limited to University Catalogs and class schedules.
7. Oversees the graduation audit process and graduation preparation, including degree plan preparation.
8. Serves on University policy-making and planning committees including but not limited to the Academic Affairs Committee, Academic Student Support Services Committee, the IT Student Planning Committee, and the NAIA Athletic Eligibility Committee.
9. Oversees the overall operations of the Office of Student Records and Registration; hires, trains, and supervises Office staff.
10. Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and procedures for the Office; assesses program effectiveness and makes changes as necessary; proposes and manages annual budgets for the Office.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Provost.
Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
Experience in higher education including Student Records, 5 years minimum preferred
• One or more years of management experience required
• Software commonly found in Student Records Offices such as Ellucian Colleague, Parchment, ImageNow, and TES.
• Enrollment reporting requirements.
• Proficiency on computer including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. PDF and other current software programs.
• Familiarity and experience with editing manuscripts.
• Ability to work well with faculty, staff, students, and other constituents of the University and to use discretion in handling confidential matters.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize and establish priorities.
• Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision and maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and positive office atmosphere.