Instructor with expertise in Logistics/Transportation/Supply Chain/Operations Research/Project Manag
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for the position of Instructor with expertise relating to Transportation/Logistics/Supply Chain. Successful candidates for this position are expected to engage in outstanding applied research and scholarly activities in topics relating to transportation, logistics, supply chain and operations research. Project management experience is a plus. Instructor position requires teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, mentoring and advising students and performing appropriate University service.
- Candidates must have earned a master’s degree from a regionally accredited university, in business, transportation, logistics, operations research or a related area.
- Candidates must have teaching experience with STEM related topics at the collegiate level.
- Candidates must have three years or more of professional management experience in an appropriate field.
Demonstrated professional management experience in logistics, operations research, project management or transportation or closely related fields with organizations representing the types of work environments that will attract Florida Polytechnic graduates; a demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain collegial working relationships; success in teaching and developing talented students; experience in multicultural and diverse settings.
ABOUT FLORIDA POLY:
Florida Polytechnic University is a new state University that opened for classes in 2014-15, and strives to have a major higher education presence within Florida and beyond. The University was created by the Florida Legislature as a STEM-focused four-year public university, with a range of innovative undergraduate and graduate programs. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive high-tech workforce, Florida Polytechnic University takes a hands-on, problem-solving approach to academics and partners with industry leaders to provide relevant learning opportunities. With an innovative approach to higher education, the University emphasizes core subjects in small class sizes, while giving students opportunities for hands-on education through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers. With no income tax in Florida, and home values increasing 14.3% on average over the past year, Lakeland and central Florida continue to rise among the best places to live and work.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
- Letter of Application
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.