Associate Dean for Basic Science
The California Central Valley College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCVCOM), a newly developing osteopathic medical school, is seeking applicants for the position of Associate Dean for Basic Science. This is a Senior Leadership position and will report to the Dean of the Medical School. The proposed CCVCOM is founded on osteopathic principles and practice. The college embraces critical thinking, creativity, and preparation of physicians who are focused on excellence in medical education and service to the community, thus positively impacting the healthcare of those served by our students and graduates.
In accordance with CCVCOM’s mission, the medical school will educate and train compassionate primary care physicians highly skilled in the science and art of osteopathic medicine, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the osteopathic profession, committed to lifelong learning, and focused on serving the underserved. This mission will be accomplished through providing an academic environment characterized by excellence in teaching, research, service, and scholarly activity.
Our graduates will meet the medical needs of the people of the Central Valley of California, the state, and the nation. The CCVCOM has as core values respect, equity, compassion, and excellence in interacting with people and providing patient care.
The successful candidate will develop, direct, articulate and execute the stated vision, mission, purpose of CCVCOM to prospective students, partners in higher education and the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant/Associate Dean, Basic Science shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Supports and promotes the mission of the California Central Valley College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Supervises and evaluates the chairs or course directors of basic medical science courses.
- Serves on CCVCOM committees as requested.
- Assists in the selection of students.
- Completes faculty evaluations on a timely basis.
- Works collaboratively with the Assistant/Associate Dean, Clinical Sciences to integrate biomedical and clinical education in to the four-year curriculum and helps integrate the integration of osteopathic principles and practice.
- Prepares and recommends an annual budget to the Dean.
- Recommends employment, promotion, or dismissal of basic science faculty.
- Develops, supervises, and evaluates basic science curriculum courses in conjunction with the Basic science faculty.
- Assists with the preparation of reports and documentation required for accreditation purposes on a timely basis.
- Provides timely reports to the Dean as requested.
- Encourages and provides leadership for basic science research.
- Assists in the monitoring of academic progress of all students to assure progress toward graduation.
- Approves and recommends to the Dean the selection of required educational materials and equipment.
- Recommends faculty development programs and activities.
- Serves as a basic science representative to local, state and national academic organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Apply for Associate Dean for Basic Science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly