Back End Developer
BACK-END WEB DEVELOPER - Sandy, Utah
Job Description: The Back-end web developer will design, implement, and oversee the operations of systems to manage a high volume, commercially valuable, and technically challenging data stream. The project involves several aspects typical of current data-science: near real time, large volumes, transformations, escrow into reportable forms, analysis for patterns, long term storage, and global scope. The system is being built inside Amazon's AWS cloud using state of the art technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing an overall solution to the problem: proper subsystem selection, partitioning of the processing problems, operations, and analysis of the business problems must be considered.
- Responsible for scaling and availability of the designed system.
- Defines appropriate data archival strategy appropriate to working with massive scale, exponentially increasing datasets
- Responsible for scaling backend data storage platforms spanning to a multi petabyte storage environment
- Manages Amazon Web Services (AWS) footprint including costs, evolution, privacy, security, etc.
- Must be able to integrate the new system with existing products and infrastructure.
- Configures virtualized environments within AWS to support organizational goals (to include VPN, gateways, routing, security groups, IAM policy, and virtual hosts)
- Leads the effort surrounding traditional Extract, Transform, and Load capabilities with the ability to crossover to modern message bus technology such as Apache Storm, RabbitMQ, and/or AWS Kinesis
- Shows a strong ability to see below the superficial first layers of complex problem spaces-efficiently employs the tools appropriate to solve the problem at hand
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in the field.
- SQL and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, and MySQL
- Experience with various web development technologies such as Go Lang, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Experience with client server communication such as REST APIs.
- Experience in Linux-based operating environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage system availability
- Experience base with a virtualized environment - AWS is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking time management, problem-solving, communications and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills; strong team orientation;
- Enthusiastic, results oriented individual with a proven track record of success
Please send a copy of your resume attached as a word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I can assist you with any of your recruiting efforts please give me a call - 801/327-9990
**I grow my business through referral. If you know someone who would benefit from the way I work then please recommend me, or pass me their contact details and I will be happy to call them.**
Lora Lea Mock
Please invite me to join your Linked In network
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ProfessionalRecruiterInc
Work for a stable multi-billion, multi-national organization
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 14:19:04 PDT