Financial Software Engineer
Small Proprietary Trading firm in Chicago IL providing liquidity primarily in the Equity Index markets at the CME and CBOE for over 20 years looking for Software Engineers to work on trading and financial systems.
What you will be doing:
- Working on an entire suite of applications and services from the back office to trade execution and management
- Architecting, designing and implementing applications and services from concept to deployment
- Providing critical support to the company's Operations, Systems groups, and end users.
- Working on projects involving the various Exchange Protocols at a macro/API level
- Collaborate with team members (remote and on-site), consultants, and 3rd party vendors in the application building process
- Assist in training and providing the Company's operations and system staff with technical information relating to the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of applications and services
Minimum Experience needed for this Position:
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science related field
- Demonstrated experience in and/or knowledge of:
- User interface design and implementation
- Coding and tuning multi-threaded application programming (.NET/C#)
- Knowledge and exposure and to coding and tuning network protocols, mechanisms (TCP, UDP, IP Multicast)
- Be able to work closely with end users, operations and system groups to debug issues and define requirements
- Highly self-motivated problem solver with ability to tackle problems quickly and find solutions.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast moving high stress environment
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts and have interest in financial systems from back office to trade execution and management
For more experienced candidates requirements include at least 1+ year(s) of demonstrated experience of and/or knowledge of one or more of the following bonus areas:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Performance tuning and implementation for low latency systems.
- Basic messaging protocols, methods, and mechanisms (e.g Pub/sub, one to one, one to many, many to many)
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting and creating systems utilizing FIX protocol.
- Developing performance heavy application and services
- Serializing and deserializing data across sockets.
- Creating interop layers/wrappers between .NET (C#) and C++ in C++/CLI
- Basic knowledge of the financial concepts including but not limited to vanilla options and futures.
- Coding concepts, algorithms, and mechanisms of basic options profit/loss and inventory management
- TFS Source Control Management (or similar SCM tools)
What's in it for you:
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience with focus on your efforts
- Salary range commensurate with experience and skillset
- Bonuses based on your and the teams efforts and company performance
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K plan, PTO, Holidays)
- Growth potential to other areas of technology and trading
- Training, experience and exposure to leading technologies in trade execution
- Based on demonstrated performance and production, company offers flexible work hours, telecommuting, and other remote work options
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. No recruiters, please.
Small Proprietary Trading firm in Chicago IL providing liquidity primarily in the Equity Index markets at the CME and CBOE for over 20 years
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 11:47:02 PDT