Product Strategist (Innovation)
The North America region is currently seeking an embedded software engineer with a passion for software development and proven track record of working on mobile platforms. The individual will work on customizing mobile products to US customers and targeted mobile carriers. Successful candidates will have a computer science or related degree, expert level knowledge in C, C++ developments, and Embedded system development tools, and 6+ years' experience engineering commercial embedded software platforms and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of technical creativity, problem solving ability, and software process and lifecycle expertise. He must also be self-motivated and possess the dedication, attitude and commitment to be successful with our company. This role is based in San Diego, CA with travel to our overseas HQ approximately every 2 months, higher in certain seasons.
1. Design and develop new features and components of the mobile application platform
2. Develop frameworks suitable for inclusion in third party applications
3. Provide technical documentation, guidance and support on mobile platform capabilities
4. Work with Product Management and User Experience teams to design, prototype and deliver best-in-class customer service mobile applications
5. Work with the Engineering management team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development processes and best-practices
6. Work together with overseas development team to create and launch unique products in the market.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years in C, C++ developments, and Embedded system development tools IDEs
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience on Android (or iOS) platform, preferably both mobile and tablet interfaces.
- Excellent working knowledge of Java and the Dalvik VM.
- Prior experience of building frameworks is a big plus
- Experience interacting with RESTful web APIs and JSON
- Track record of full life-cycle development responsibility, with reference applications on the market.
- Familiarity with other platform programming languages is a big plus (Python/ Objective C / PHP, etc.)
- Sole or principal creator of at least one non-trivial product in the App Store/Marketplace
- Extensive experience developing mobile GUI's using platform-native frameworks
- Team player, with exceptional organizational skills with the ability to collaborate virtually.
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ready, willing and able to travel.
Alcatel mobile devices are manufactured and marketed by TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited (TCT) with its North America headquarters based in Irvine, California. Currently the No. 4 mobile handset manufacturer in North America, Alcatel branded devices from TCT deliver innovative, feature-rich experiences that make access to today's mobile technology simple; offering a diverse portfolio of value-packed products equipped with the technology people want most. For more information on Alcatel mobile devices, please visit our website.
TCL Communication is a subsidiary company of TCL Corporation, one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. Alcatel is a trademark of Alcatel-Lucent used under license by TCL Communication.
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 14:38:38 PDT