Enrollment Bursar Coordinator
Queensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Enrollment Bursar Coordinator.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
Under supervision, provides operational support for the Bursar office, with emphasis on payment processing and revenue monitoring of billing functions including, but not limited to Third Party receivables, Out of County coordination, and Institutional Scholarships and Payment Plans.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and process payments at the cashiering window; assist colleagues in researching and rectifying differences.
- Adjust student accounts according to terms of specific Third Party billing agreement.
- Investigate Third Party or Out of County denials and communicate with and bill students as appropriate.
- Answer online, in person and phone inquiries in regard to payment plans and billing.
- Post scholarships to student accounts and coordinate with Accounting and other offices to ensure collection of funds disbursed.
- Work closely with students, Registrar, Financial Aid and Admissions to resolve billing issues and assist in the navigation of the Student Financials module.
- Follow up with students regarding delinquent accounts.
- Prepare deposits.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and experience handling difficult situations with customers in a professional and respectful manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Oracle student registration/payment systems or equivalent preferred
- Computer proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with banking procedures a plus
- Must be able to work some evenings. Weekend work may be required during peak registration season
- Willing to become a certified Passport agent
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides operational support for a College student accounts function.
- Performs processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables
- Counsels students in meeting college financial obligations including current tuition, prior receivables and methods of payment; responds to student account inquiries
- Maintains revenue files; prepares reports as required
- Assists in the review of student accounts; identifies and reports delinquent accounts
- May assist in the evaluation and verification of student eligibility for various loans and grants
- Provides support to ensure the smooth flow of business operations and completion of required administrative tasks within the office; may supervise clerical and/or part-time staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Bursar Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
April 16, 2017. Review of resumes to begin March 31, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Enrollment Bursar Coordinator
Job ID: 16535
Full/Part Time: Full-Time