Job Developer/Career Placement (Grant Funded Position)
Bergen Community College, serving a diverse student body on its suburban campus, has a grant funded opportunity for a Job Developer/Career Placement to support the post-training employment and placement efforts for students funded or “touched” by the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training (TAACCCT) grant. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing case management support services to include establishing healthcare job placement site partnerships; conduct work readiness training; conducting resume/cover letter preparation training in both groups and individual formats; sourcing, researching and communicating employment opportunities. Maintaining documentation to include tracking job placement/retention/advancement in currently used database with regular follow-up contact; collaborating with Director, Career Placement Services and TAACCCT site coordinator to ensure data entry and integrity. Communicating progress by providing regular employment status reports for both Division grant update meetings as well as TAACCT team meetings; spending significant time calling, emailing and meeting face-to-face with employers and students; building relationships with employers by cold-calling and meeting face-to-face; communicating all required employment information to relevant partners including Bergen OneStop and following all policies regarding confidential information in addition to responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- 2-5 years professional experience working with unemployed, underemployed or at risk populations; completion of general experience in grant-funded programming and required performance metrics
- Knowledge of and familiarity with healthcare industry
- Some college experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exhibit sound judgment with confidential information and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be motivated, self-directed, highly organized, goal-oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Adapt and function well in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and able to work with various software-based database products including Salesforce, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel will be required; must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to drive in New Jersey and surrounding areas; must have own transportation.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (include the job code G-JOB DEVELOPER), curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by April 3, 2017. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
Apply for Job Developer/Career Placement (Grant Funded Position)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly