Off-Campus Studies Coordinator
Applications are being accepted for a full-time off-campus studies coordinator. This position will work closely with the associate dean to provide support to students interested in participating in domestic and international off-campus courses and programs, to include the following responsibilities:
- publicize off-campus study opportunities to students (including collaboration with faculty to create promotional materials), and assist with the application process;
- serve as an advisory resource for students interested in participating in block-long course trips, exchange programs, and affiliated domestic and international programs, including logistical arrangements and purchases;
- manage budgets related to off-campus courses and field trips, such as reconciling course trip income and expenses, filing expense reimbursement requests, assisting with cash advances, collecting student fees, and other basic accounting duties;
- assist faculty with determining program costs and budgets associated with course trips and off-campus courses;
- organize pre-departure orientation and re-entry programs for students, including sessions related to health and safety;
- work with Business Office in managing risk and EIIA travel insurance;
- establish and sustain relationships with providers of exchange programs and semester-long study abroad programs, including agreements for affiliated third party provider programs;
- develop, publish, and disseminate application materials for scholarship opportunities, and assist in the selection of recipients;
- maintain Off-Campus Studies website and handbooks;
- serve as the Academic Affairs divisional contact for college vehicle rentals, and process gas and vehicle rental invoices;
- staff the meetings of the International Studies Oversight Committee, and participate on the Diversity Committee on a rotating basis;
This position will report directly to the associate dean within the Division of Academic Affairs, and will work closely with students, faculty, and staff, particularly the Registrar's Office, Business Office, Financial Assistance, and Admissions.
About Cornell College
Cornell College is a selective liberal arts college distinguished by its One Course At A Time curriculum, which allows students to learn at the speed of life with more opportunities for off-campus study, full-time internships, and research blocks. Academic immersion and unparalleled flexibility attract an ambitious student body from 45 states and 18 foreign countries. External endorsements include selection as one of the Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, and a Fiske Guide to Colleges Best Buy. Founded in 1853, Cornell's picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly renovated Thomas Commons. It is located in Mount Vernon, Iowa, an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer's as one of "America's Coolest Small Towns" and located in the heart of Iowa's Creative Corridor.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Previous acquaintance or relevant experience within international study or travel as a student, faculty member, or advisor, and experience managing budgets is preferred. Must have strong oral and written communication skills; strong task orientation, organization, and commitment to follow-through; problem solving and analytical skills for account reconciliation; strong computer skills in word processing, email, spreadsheets, and web applications; strong customer service skills, including ability to work with diverse groups of faculty, staff and students; and working knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standard office equipment. Must interact professionally and maintain strict confidentiality.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa's Smokefree Air Act. Cornell utilizes E-Verify and requires satisfactory completion of a background check.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.