R & D Lab Technician
Position Title: R & D Technician
Department: Research & Development
Reports to: Director of R & D
Five Star Products is a formulator, manufacturer & marketer of a broad range of construction materials & chemicals for the industrial and infrastructure markets. We are seeking a laboratory technician or BS level chemist with experience in the formulation and testing of cement-based products and/or epoxy and other polymer systems. This is a bench-level position.
• Sets up and conducts experiments for product development as directed by R&D chemists or under the direction of R&D chemists.
• Conducts routine and non-routine testing/analysis in support of product development efforts under the direction of R&D chemists.
• Maintains laboratory notebook to document experimental results.
• Maintains laboratory instruments and equipment as required.
• Ensure timely disposal of raw materials from the lab.
• Maintains lab area and equipment.
• Perform specified tests as directed.
• Follow written operating procedures and instructions
• Identifies and records any problem relating to the product, process and quality system
• Test production samples of various Five Star cement and organic products as necessary.
Authority (Including Quality Related):
• Reviews, approves or rejects the nuclear lab test results to Quality Specifications
• Initiates action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
• Identifies, records and calls to the supervisor's attention, any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system.
• Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through designated channels.
• Verifies the implementation of solutions.
• Controls further processing, or delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
• Releases product to customers.
• Approves raw materials for production.
• Domestic travel required
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
• Familiarity with science concepts, and is computer literate.
• High school diploma or GED required. Associates/BA/BS Degree in scientific field with 3+ years of experience preferred.
Five Star Products Inc. is a worldwide provider of high performance, versatile, specified non-shrink cement and epoxy-based construction solutions for use in the industrial, infrastructure and marine markets. Our products include versatile precision, non-shrink grouts and structural repair products; highly chemical resistant coatings, patches and grouts; pile and column repair systems; concrete restoration and advanced vibration dampening products, waterproof coatings, adhesives and machinery foundation systems for rapid turnaround.
Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:01:52 PDT