ASO DIR, Facilities Operations
Associate Director, Facilities OperationsJob Description:
The Director of Facilities Operations oversees planning, design, construction, and maintenance of physical infrastructure, and works closely with the Office of Laboratory Safety (OLS) and Management Information Services (MIS) in the College and the University's Physical Plant and Planning, Design and Construction Divisions to foster a productive and safe working environment.
The Director must successfully lead project teams, including subcontractors and vendors, to complete projects under budget, within deadlines, and in compliance with building codes, environmental health and safety (EH&S) regulations, and UF policy. Expected leadership traits include excellent verbal and written communication skills, a drive and ability to solve complex problems, sound judgement, and a strong work ethic. Technical expertise sought includes a deep familiarity with the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of buildings, preferably for facilities that support research or other technical activities involving physical, chemical, biological or radiological testing. Experience with integrating equipment or machinery into facilities is a plus. Candidates must be adept with modern project management tools, e.g., BIM, CAD, CPM software, or other technologies that expedite or enhance workflow.
- Project management of minor or quick-response (up to $200,000) renovation, construction or other special projects, including coordinating cost estimation and critical path scheduling, negotiation with subcontractors and vendors, design, procurement of goods and services, construction, quality control and assurance, and close-out
- Coordination with the Planning, Design and Construction Division on larger projects ( $60M), including supervision of the above and representing the College in related matters
- Ensuring compliance with building codes, EH&S regulations, UF regulatory and fiscal policies, and in special cases, requirements for export control, animal care/use, human subjects research, and other applications subject to restrictions imposed by the federal government
- Active coordination with OLS/MIS to optimize the College's (cyber) infrastructure and safety programs
- Space utilization and equipment inventorying, including updating of online management systems
- Implementation of the College's Emergency Management Plan
- Participation in long-range planning exercises to address future facility needs
- Budget management for the Facilities Office, forecast and project, identify cost-savings of projects, etc.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the college Facilities Office and its staff to ensure a smooth operation throughout, including general services, e.g., mail distribution and management of projects by Project Managers. Supervision of five full-time (TEAMS) positions, reviews and approval leave and time reporting, conducts performance appraisals, etc.Other duties as required Advertised Salary:
$90,000 - $120,000 - Commensurate with qualifications and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in facilities operations and maintenance of campus or institution infrastructure
- Master's degree in engineering, architecture, building construction, or facilities management
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer, Architect or General Contractor
- Certification as a facilities manager or a project manager
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No