Assistant Professor, Business Administration (MBA Program)
SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL AND CONTINUING STUDIES
TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA CAMPUS
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, Business Administration (MBA Program)
The Springfield College School of Professional and Continuing Studies invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty position at its Tampa Bay, Florida campus, whose primary responsibilities will be teaching, advising, and promoting enrollment growth in the Master of Business Administration program (Nonprofit Management concentration).
Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, regionally accredited, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics Philosophy—the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to humanity. The School of Professional and Continuing Studies is a growing multi-campus program located in New England, the mid-Atlantic region, Florida, Texas, Wisconsin, and California. Our mission is to provide broadly accessible higher education in human services to adult learners, supported by the principles of community partnership and academic excellence toward the achievement of social and economic justice. The School of Professional and Continuing Studies is dedicated to serving the educational needs of working adults by offering: flexible modes of study (weekend/hybrid/online classes); affordable and accelerated degree programs; and opportunities for students to earn credit for prior college-level learning gained through work and/or life experience. The interdisciplinary curriculum focuses on the development of social analysis, critical thinking, communication skills, and leadership skills.
Successful applicants are invested in the School's mission; enjoy, and are skilled in teaching and working with, adult learners; appreciate the importance and complexity of working with diverse populations; and have content expertise in nonprofit management.
- Recruit adjunct faculty to teach in the program
- Assist the Campus Director with the coordination of the MBA program
- Provide School-wide leadership in the Program in collaboration with a geographically distributed team of faculty
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of students to the program
- Assist with the development and revision of program curricula
- Support the development of an entrepreneurial arm of the School to conduct applied research/ technical assistance through consultancy opportunities with local nonprofit/ public agencies
- Advise students (advising load = 30–35 students)
- Teach four face-to-face/blended and/or online courses per term
- Fulfill other duties of service and scholarship as required
- MBA (or ABD – Completed by October 1, 2017) in a business-related area
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the post-secondary level
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including innovation, communication, community outreach, entrepreneurial approach to curriculum and student development/ engagement, managing complexity and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated full-time teaching excellence in higher education for a minimum of three years
- Teaching experience with adult learners at the post-secondary level
- Experience in working with business accrediting bodies
- A successful track record of relevant, non-academic business experiences in non-profit organizations or the public sector
- A Ph.D. or DBA degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience with online teaching
Starting date for the position is July 1, 2017.
Send letter of application, résumé, including curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references indicating Tampa Bay, FL to:
Dr. David Rudder, Associate Dean
School of Professional and Continuing Studies
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109-3797
-or- email application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.
Apply for Assistant Professor, Business Administration (MBA Program)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly