Research Coordinator II - Health Outcomes and Policy
Research Coordinator II - Health Outcomes and PolicyJob Description:
The position is located in the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy. The incumbent serves as a Research Coordinator II. The incumbent will be responsible for the supervision and daily management of Dr. Muller's research program, which focuses on developing and disseminating statistical methods and software for power and sample size of multilevel and longitudinal designs. The position will monitor and coordinate project planning under the supervision of the principal investigator.
- Day-to-day, monitor and coordinate research project operations, including project plans, timelines, and tasks. The work includes meeting multiple deliverables for projects; creating work plans; monitoring progress of staff to ensure issues are discussed and action points are created; and organizing meetings. Assist in working with and monitoring the progress of work conducted by external vendors and subcontractors, including working with vendors and the department fiscal and grants team to arrange contracts to ensure that paperwork is properly completed and filed. Monitor project timelines and communicate with faculty and staff, sponsors, community partners, and other external constituencies as needed.
- Assist in the organization of a grant-funded education short-course on power and sample size. Coordinate with external course location staff to resolve details. Manage participant communication, including oversight of course materials; Assist in the evaluation of the course.
- Follow directions to obtain, organize, assemble and maintain materials related to research projects, including contract documents. Assist in project budget preparation, revision, and monitoring. Communicate with the department fiscal team to update budgets as needed.. Assemble and draft progress reports.
- Manage interactions with the Institutional Review Board (IRB), including preparing submissions, monitoring deadlines, drafting reports, revisions, and securing required signatures.
- Search the scientific literature using relevant databases and other sources. Maintain bibliographical citation data. Prepare written summaries.
- Other duties as assigned may include: coordination of travel arrangements and documentation; initiation and tracking of purchase requisitions; initiation of job postings and administrative conduct of search proceedings; maintenance text of websites and other information repositories, in strict conformance to team standards.
$42,000 - $51,000; based on education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Master's degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences, Public Health, Epidemiology, Nursing, Health Services Research, or a related field. Experience in decision science or health outcomes research, especially project coordination and management. Rudimentary knowledge of statistics.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Attention to detail, particularly with regard to data accuracy and integrity. Strong skills with office software (MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, please upload the following:
- Cover letter/Letter of intent
This is a time-limited position.Health Assessment Required: No