Vice President for Academic Affairs
Doane University is seeking a strategic and innovative academic leader to serve as the Vice President for Academic Affairs. As the chief academic officer, the VPAA is a key member of the President's cabinet for leading efforts to achieve institutional, educational, and research goals. The VPAA will provide the vision, energy, managerial and entrepreneurial acumen, and leadership abilities necessary for the identification, development and support of high-quality academic programs. This involves coordinating curriculum development, program assessment, academic standards, institutional research, and accreditation.
Founded in 1872, Doane University is a nationally ranked liberal arts University with its residential campus and College of Arts and Sciences located in Crete, Nebraska. The College of Education and College of Professional Studies offer adult learning campus locations in Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and online. In 2016, it was named one of the best small college workplaces by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Doane University is known for its leadership in higher education, grounded in the university's commitment to academic excellence, innovation, community and a special sense of place for each individual.
- Work in collaboration with the President's cabinet to establish and implement strategic and budget priorities for the university.
- Support the assessment and revision of academic offerings to ensure they are current, timely, prepare students, and satisfy unmet and emerging market demands.
- Stimulate and nurture dynamic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to identify, develop and launch new campus, online, and international educational opportunities.
- Assume responsibility for the effective financial management of the academic affairs division.
- Direct the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data regarding Doane's students, faculty, staff, curriculum, course offerings, and learning outcomes.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve academic operations, academic scholarship, and student
- Oversight of curriculum development, academic planning, faculty appointments, faculty development, and promotion and tenure decisions.
- Accurately and fairly enforces policies. Assumes responsibility for resolving student questions and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- An earned doctorate with a record of achievement consistent with an appointment at the rank of Full Professor in one of the university's academic programs.
- Minimum of three years of academic leadership experience at a dean-level or higher.
- Successful record of coordinating the identification, development and launch of new academic programs. Experience in creating academic opportunities for non-traditional students through online courses and innovative program delivery strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a collaborative style of leadership conducive to working effectively with diverse populations.
- Familiarity in leveraging technology to enhance delivery of instruction in synchronous and asynchronous learning environments.
- Entrepreneurial spirit for maximizing capacity in existing programs and creating new academic opportunities.
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation procedures, program reviews, and activities that focus on assessing and fostering student learning. Preference may be given to a candidate who has experience working directly with various accreditation agencies.
- Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize and plan work activities, and meet deadlines.
- Proven budget experience and ability to effectively manage resources.
- Ability to be an articulate spokesperson for Doane on a local, state, and national level.
To apply: complete an application and submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae at www.doane.edu/jobs.
The search will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. First priority will be given to candidates applying on or before April 7, 2017. It is anticipated that the VPAA will begin the appointment on July 1, 2017. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of the nation.