Responsible for managing research and development projects involving: new product and process development, production trials, least-cost formulation, product/process improvement, technical sales support, etc. Product area responsibilities will include dry extruded, baked, snacks/treats, and canned pet foods.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills on research and development projects as assigned.
- Actively participate as a key contributor to new products development.
- Formulate dry extruded, baked, snacks/treats, and canned pet foods according to defined parameters.
- Oversee/conduct plant trials on assigned projects at various production facilities.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve production and product quality issues experienced at the plant level.
- Work effectively on multidisciplinary teams within the company and with external customers and suppliers to accomplish project objectives.
- Provide technical sales support.
- Comprehend and apply food science and pet nutrition principles effectively in project work.
- Prepare and issue specifications for new ingredients and finished products.
- BS in Food Science, Animal Science, Nutrition, or equivalent required.
- 5 years' experience in pet food, food science, or related field preferred.
- Experience in successfully bringing new, innovative products to market.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ingredient functionality and food manufacturing processes.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Creativity and problem-solving ability.
- Collect and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Experience with working effectively in a plant environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a customer service orientation. Travel and extended hours may be necessary as workloads dictate.
- Pre-employment drug screen, skills, and background testing required. Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices, including appropriate safety equipment apply. Job will be performed both in an office and in a manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, climb ladders and walk plant floors that could exceed one mile of travel per day.
- The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
- Strength: Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds with regularity.
- Must be able to understand and follow work instructions in English.
Sun, 12 Mar 2017 15:17:34 PDT