Dean, Career & Technical Education
The Central Carolina Community College 2015-2019 Strategic Plan lists "Learning First" as the primary institutional goal. All faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process. In alignment with this plan, Academic Deans are a critical part of the Curriculum & Student Learning Leadership Team to help maximize student learning and access while engaging students as full partners in their success.
Academic Deans are primarily responsible for providing leadership over the department chairs who supervise academic programs in their division. The Dean is charged with facilitating administrative responsibilities, ensuring educational quality and supervising continuous improvement initiatives, including efficient scheduling of classes. The Dean also serves as the primary person responsible for facilitation of effective advising within their division.
The Dean of Career & Technical Education supervises eight department chairs, over 50 full-time faculty, all adjunct instructors and staff in the following curriculum areas: Transportation Technology, Industrial Systems Technology, Justice Studies, Public Safety, Computer-Integrated Machining, Cosmetic Arts, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Business Technologies, and Public Services.
- Master's Degree
- Supervisory and/or educational administrative experience.
- At least 2 years teaching and/or administrative experience in a community college setting.
- Doctoral degree
- Proven record of leadership in college initiatives and/or community college career and technical education
- Three years teaching, supervision and/or administrative experience in a community college setting
- Thorough understanding of and commitment to the mission and philosophy of the North Carolina Community College System
- Experience in curriculum development, course development, and assessment in a higher education setting
- An understanding and commitment to the implementation and assessment of consistent, accurate, timely and holistic academic advising.
- Considerable knowledge of NCCCS policies, operating procedures and programs. Excellent management and customer service skills.