Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) Director
Queensborough Community College, a member college of The City University of New York (CUNY), is located on a 37-acre campus in Bayside, Queens, New York. Queensborough enrolls close to 15,000 students in rich liberal arts and science curricula as well as in career and pre-professional courses. The College is recognized as a national leader in establishing an institution-wide, student-centered learning environment through its Queensborough Academies which foster a culture of academic excellence while nurturing students as individuals in a supportive atmosphere.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
Queensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) Director. ASAP is a structured degree pathway program designed to help students graduate within three years through integrated and comprehensive student support services and financial resources. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Enrollment Management, within the Division of Student Affairs, and working closely with the Enrollment Management Team and other key offices, the ASAP Director will, in addition to the functions listed in the CUNY Title Overview, be responsible for :
- Development of annual plan and programming to meet the mission of the program in collaboration with other college units and University Office of Academic Affairs ASAP office.
- Oversight of recruitment and summer enrichment program.
- Oversight of student development activities (ie intrusive advisement, academic and career development services) and assessment of their effectiveness.
- Creation of block course programs and learning communities in coordination with academic departments and the scheduling office.
- Implementation or referral to intervention programs as needed to ensure student success.
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting outcome data.
- Managing staff and budget consistent with program goals and guidelines, and preparation of annual plans and various reports.
- Oversight of ASAP website and program marketing promotion.
- In collaboration with IT, maintenance of the program database including program reporting.
Bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in an appropriate discipline and eight years related experience. The preferred candidate will have:
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills as well as budget oversight and planning experience
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators
- Strong organization, project management, communication, and facilitation skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of student activities
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Access and Excel) and aptitude to learn new systems as needed
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Progressive administrative experience in higher education strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with key constituencies
- Proficiency in managing student information systems
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
ASAP helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and monthly MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
The Director manages all activities related to ASAP and represents the College's ASAP program within and outside the College.
- Develops and implements policy to meet the Program's mission, collaborating with other College units
- Administers a comprehensive portfolio of services, and assesses the various components of the ASAP program to improve services to students
- Provides a highly-supportive environment by overseeing staff such as advisors and job developers and by developing relevant programs, workshops, and activities
- Manages tracking, reporting, and analyzing outcomes data, and systems to track and manage individual students' progress
- Manage staff and budget consistent with program goals
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
April 1, 2017. Review of resumes to begin March 16, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) Director
Job ID: 16440
Full/Part Time: Full-Time