Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of the College
Southwestern College, located in the southern edge of the scenic Flint Hills of Kansas, invites inquiries, nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs / Dean of the College. Southwestern (sckans.edu) is a small liberal arts college poised for meaningful advancement and growth. The successful candidate for Vice President for Academic Affairs / Dean of the College at Southwestern College will be a vision oriented academic leader, adept at creating and maintaining an effective administrative operation that empowers a strong faculty. The person selected for this critical position will serve as a key strategic partner to the President, as well as an intellectual leader for campus.
Attentive to mission, building on strength, and operating with strategic discipline, Southwestern College seeks an academic leader with vision and energy, focused on discovering and building on current strength, and committed to quality. SC has been reenergized by the leadership of President Brad Andrews and is experiencing a real and exciting emergence of momentum. This renaissance is centered on engaging and nurturing intellectual curiosity through a student centered commitment.
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
The Vice President for Academic Affairs is responsible for developing an academic vision for the college in partnership with the president and with support from the Associate Vice President for Administration and the Associate Vice President for Online Learning. Requirements for the position include a Ph.D. in a liberal arts discipline, progressive leadership experience ideally at an administrative dean level or above. Additional details about the position and the requirements are at: http://academic-search.com/sites/default/files/SouthwesternCollegeVPAAProfile.pdf
- Ph.D. in a liberal arts discipline from a regionally accredited university or equivalent
- Progressive and successful experience in academic administration ideally at the level of dean or above
- Ability to serve as the intellectual leader on campus, with the collaboration skills and leadership capacity to move the academic program forward.
- Presence of a foundation of personal integrity, and a commitment to uphold high academic standards.
- A relational leadership style with a passion to engage in conversations that foster a campus academic culture that values diversity in all forms, is defined by curiosity and collaboration across disciplines and in the community.
- A commitment to the important role of a teaching institution that encourages and values scholarly activities.
- Administrative ability to manage all aspects of the academic affairs office including recruiting and retaining faculty and academic staff, academic operations, budgets, accreditation, and strategic planning.
- Ability to draw and inspire inspiration from the mission of a small private college related to the United Methodist Church with a liberal arts tradition.
- Understanding of the world of higher education, as well as the world “outside,” that will affect our students’ lives.
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited. Applications received by March 31, 2017, will be given full consideration. Send a thoughtful letter of application addressing the qualifications and desired attributes; curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of five references. Calls to references will occur later in the search process and only with prior notification of candidates. All submissions will be treated in confidence and should be sent electronically (MS Word format preferred) to: SouthwesternVPAA@academic-search.com. The committee is assisted by Dr. Wanda Durrett Bigham, Senior Consultant, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 334-425-6865.
Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of the College
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly