Training Specialist - Manufacturing
Position Title: Training Specialist - Manufacturing
Department: Training Services
Reports To: Richard Wolin
Anticipated Starting Date: May 2017
Expected Starting Salary: $51,892.00
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
The position provides training, facilitation, and coaching services to clients, including instruction in organizational development, quality systems, continuous improvement, and individual development.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Associates degree in related field or comparable experience
- Experience with lean or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Two to five years of experience in manufacturing or processing industries
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using on-line or blended learning to deliver training and or coaching remotely
- Experience with quality systems such as ISO, TS, or AS certifications
- Experience with training in leadership and teams
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on 3/21/17 will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.