President & CEO
The Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) is seeking a new President & CEO to provide outstanding leadership for public policy advocacy, collaborative programs, strategic communications, and research initiatives on behalf of the 31 private (independent) non-profit institutions of higher education in the state. For a complete presidential profile, visit www.icindiana.org.
ICI is a not-for-profit corporation that represents and advances the competitive standing of Indiana’s regionally-accredited, degree-granting, not-for-profit private colleges and universities. ICI’s mission is to serve as the collective voice for excellence and choice in higher education for all students. ICI’s strategic priorities are, in order, public advocacy and collaborative services.
The governance of ICI rests with its board of directors, consisting of the presidents of the member institutions and other leaders from Indiana’s business and policy arenas. ICI Center is located in the heart of Indianapolis with a staff of 10 professionals, working as a collaborative and cross-functional team.
The governing board of the Independent Colleges of Indiana desires a strong inspirational leader and strategic thinker who will celebrate and promote the academic diversity and strength of its 31 member institutions and:
- Is a person of high integrity and character and an energetic servant leader;
- Has strong communication skills; is an effective writer; and is a thoughtful, articulate spokesperson for the organization and its members;
- Possesses senior level administrative experience appropriate to the position; is an accomplished professional inside or outside of higher education; understands the most important issues affecting higher education and its partnership with K-12 education today;
- Fosters a culture of responsive and quality service to ICI members and other stakeholders;
- Engages actively at the national level in various higher education organizations in order to represent and promote the interests and influence of ICI colleges and universities;
- Has a background in public policy advocacy in higher education or related area;
- Holds an appropriate graduate-level degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Demonstrates a collaborative management style; embodies many of the following characteristics: bridge-builder, self-starter, quick-study, consensus-builder, decision-maker; and
- Promotes staff development and accountability through effective hiring, promotion, and training.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply, please submit these three (3) separate documents in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, March 1, 2017:
A letter of interest that succinctly addresses how your experience, skills, and education correspond to the position qualifications and opportunities and prepare you to serve the needs of the Independent Colleges of Indiana;
A current resume or CV, including an email address and mobile telephone number;
- A list of five references with names, best telephone numbers, and email addresses. Please include supervisors, direct reports, and professional associates. References will not be contacted until final approval is given by the candidate.