Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing
Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing
Extended International Search
Franklin University Switzerland invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing. This position reports directly to the President of the University and will be a member of the President’s Cabinet and the University’s Leadership Team. Franklin University Switzerland is searching for an innovative, dedicated, passionate and experienced enrollment professional to assume the newly created position of Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing. The Vice President provides vision and leadership to the University in all areas of Enrollment Management including overseeing the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, Study Abroad Program, and Enrollment Marketing while guided by the University’s Mission, Vision and Values. Staff who are involved are located in Lugano, Switzerland, and within the United States.
The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of the competitive challenges, technological opportunities, and cutting-edge enrollment management practices in this rapidly changing higher education landscape. The University is looking for an individual who will lead with creativity, integrity, inclusiveness, sound judgment, wisdom, passion, and energy, engendering a team approach. The Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing will partner with the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Affairs, Deans, faculty, and students while assuming broad leadership within the University for all new student enrollment and retention initiatives, including study-abroad partnerships.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing will be a leader who can motivate and manage staff committed to academic excellence, and who can develop and implement innovative and state-of-the-art enrollment strategies to involve the entire University community. The Vice President will bring proven success in leading a campus-wide integrated enrollment program that aligns University goals and aspirations. The Vice President will support the development of a high-quality, data driven, and evidence-based strategic enrollment program for a global University.
Franklin University Switzerland is a private, independent University recognized and accredited nationally and internationally and offers a unique and innovative approach to Liberal Arts education, characterized by an emphasis on international exposure and experiential learning in a diverse environment.
- Develop, articulate, implement, and evaluate a dynamic, forward-looking, thoughtful and comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan that aligns with the University’s strategic initiatives, ensuring a strong link between student demand, university-wide priorities and financial planning.
- Ensure the delivery of quality, student-oriented financial aid and enrollment services by developing and implementing efficient, effective, and integrated policies, procedures and systems.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative and facilitative relationships with leadership across the University, working collegially with the Academic Dean, the Board of Trustees, faculty, and others to develop and implement short- and long-term enrollment plans for open and systematic communication and sharing of knowledge across the University
- Recommend and implement techniques and strategies to improve department policies, practices, and communications to increase efficiency and access to services.
- Further the development and implementation of the University’s comprehensive strategic enrollment processes including market research and segmentation, performance marketing, promotional strategies, recruitment tactics, admission practices, and enrollment advising to meet the University’s enrollment goals.
- Continue to increase academic quality in the incoming classes; growing enrollments in specific programs and departments; growing geographic diversity; growing socioeconomic and racial diversity; and, managing the discount rate.
- Establish strategic direction, priorities and goals for the overall strategic enrollment management organization making data-informed proposals and decisions and linking budgets and expenditures to measurable outcomes while seeking both standard and creative ways to achieve enrollment goals.
- Develop and effectively administer departmental budgets, including budget forecasting, planning and monitoring of expenditures.
- Engage the entire campus community in discussing enrollment management vision and strategy, fostering a culture of openness, inclusion and precision.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of policies/practices, management systems, programs and services through quality improvement benchmarks.
- Utilize technology and innovation to enhance enrollment and admissions/recruitment processes and deliver enrollment and registration services in a manner that reinforces efforts to recruit and retain students.
- Analyze business intelligence and analytics results and modeling to detect positive/negative performance trends and develop action plans to increase/correct those trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Minimum Requirements
- An understanding and commitment to promote the Mission of the University as an international institution that strives to provide a global perspective that educates leaders who will fashion a more humane and just world.
- Master's degree in relevant field. Doctorate is preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible leadership, experience working in Strategic Enrollment Management and a demonstrated commitment to academic excellence and to fulfilling the Mission of the University.
- A breadth of experience in multiple data-based student and enrollment service areas and a strong understanding of the use of current and emerging technologies, techniques and strategies including the optimization of CRM, performance marketing, search optimization, lead acquisition, social media, etc.
- Ability to provide strong leadership while engendering trust and exhibiting excellence and transparency.
- Ability to engage staff in building on past successes while fostering change.
- Knowledge of national and international trends and developments in recruitment, admissions, retention, financial aid, and a commitment to outcomes, assessment, modeling and strategic planning.
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to listen and collaborate with diverse audiences and acting as a team player in support of the University.
- Experience and success at leading change across a complex organization.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, alumni, and the public.
- Commitment to an organizational culture marked by trust, integrity, ethics, professionalism, inclusiveness, and respect for diversity in all its forms.
Application and Nomination Process: The educational consulting firm of Scott Healy & Associates has been hired to oversee the international search process. Please refer all questions to Dr. Scott F. Healy at email@example.com. All inquiries, applications, and nominations will be held in the strictest confidence.
Dr. Scott F. Healy, President
Scott Healy & Associates
Send all materials electronically to include: a cover letter outlining your complete history and experience in admissions, enrollment management, and financial aid; a full and complete resume; and the names, affiliation, email, and direct phone numbers of five (5) professional references to: Dr. Scott F. Healy, Search Consultant for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing at FUS at firstname.lastname@example.org by the priority deadline of February 20, 2017.