IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 100 countries.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
IREX seeks a Chief of Party to direct a USAID-funded Transformational Leadership Program in Kosovo. The purpose of this program is to develop a cadre of skilled professionals. This is to be accomplished through coordinated scholarships, internships and university and other institutional partnerships and through the improved capacity of the Kosovo higher education system. The goal is lasting impact on Kosovo’s socio-economic development. The Chief of Party is the senior leadership position with overall responsibility for meeting program objectives.
The position is contingent on funding.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all aspects of the program and provide vision and strategic direction for the program
• Supervise the planning, development of processes, schedules, and overall program events and operations
• Develop and manage effective partnerships with host academic institutions and foster linkages between Kosovar and U.S./European institutions
• Oversee management of the scholarship program
• Ensure a fair and transparent recruitment and selection process and an appropriate level of consistency among the different host institution programs
• Manage program budget and ensure budget discipline
• Develop and manage relationships with the donor
• Coordinate with home office
• Oversee program monitoring and evaluation, communications and reporting
• Design and facilitate program trainings/workshops
• Manage and mentor program staff
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 10 years professional experience in managing large higher education reform, university partnerships, and/or international training, education and/or exchange projects
• Minimum Master’s degree in education, international development, international education or similar required
• A proven track record of design, implementation and successful delivery in similar projects (nature of program objectives, size of project, level of impact) as verified by references
• International higher education reform experience, preferably in the region, including familiarity in the Bologna process strongly desired
• Experience in managing U.S. Government-funded activities
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff, manage budgets and plan strategically and creatively to meet objectives
• Strong representational and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers and click on Current Openings. Then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE