The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10161
Manages College research programs and provides support for related compliance activities.
-Administers various aspects of research programs including submission reviews, compliance education, and project protocols
-Provides administrative support and guidance to researchers and administrators with regards to applicable federal, state, local, University, and College regulations, laws, and policies
-Ensures investigators and key personnel complete required training
-Delivers or oversees educational training on research and related activities such as research subject rules and protocols, research compliance and integrity, etc.
-Monitors research subject care and use to ensure safety measures are met
-Serves as primary contact with other College departments and external organizations on research program needs and activities
-Collects information on, monitors, and reports on the advancement and completion of research projects and compliance
-May administer grant funds, prepare proposals, and research potential funding sources
-May manage program administrative and clerical staff
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging of Hunter College, The City University of New York, invites applicants for the position of Research Programs Manager. The Brookdale Center focuses on improving the lives of older adults through research, policy, and professional development. The interdisciplinary staff of Brookdale has extensive experience and expertise in program evaluation, survey design, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, design and evaluation of interventions, and research on health and aging topics, including elder abuse and care management models.
The Research Programs Manager will provide leadership in research development and data analysis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the development, submission, and implementation of new grants, contracts, and subcontracts, including recommendations for, and acquisition of, appropriate data to contribute to the design of state of the art methodologies and analyses.
- Provide technical support for all study interventions and protocols, evaluation, and field studies.
- Oversee IRB compliance by completing and submitting IRB applications, and verifying staff Human Subject Certification.
- Maintain project records and data files, conduct analyses, and summarize project findings in written progress reports and oral presentations.
- Supervise research assistants in literature searches.
- Maintain internal, city, state, and national public use electronic data sets.
- Coordinate the submission of grant proposals and develop related budgets and budget justifications.
- Create surveys and data collection instruments.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Master's degree or PhD preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://cuny.edu/employment.html and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register.
Candidate should provide a cover letter and resume.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on February 24, 2014. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.