Job ID: 10122
Conducts academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff, and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving others.
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the University and relevant outside parties
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños (Centro), the only University-based research institute in the United States devoted to the interdisciplinary study of the Puerto Rican experience, seeks an academic researcher with expertise in any one of the wide range of disciplines within history, social sciences, or behavioral sciences, including those interdisciplinary in nature, to complement its current research capacity.
The Research Associate's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct academic research and publish studies in peer-reviewed journals and other academic venues on Puerto Rican stateside communities.
- Present papers at disciplinary conferences.
- Write proposals and seek grants to fund academic research projects.
- Engage in collaborative research projects with other Centro staff.
- Work with student interns on research and related projects as assigned by the Director.
- Support and perform other research related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Participate on Centro-wide staff committees.
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the implementation of the responsibilities described above as well as familiarity with interdisciplinary research and methodologies. English and Spanish fluency are required.
Commensurate with qualification and experience within the range for this title and level ($44,849 - $60,067 in current collective bargaining agreement).
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on-line by accessing the City University of New York job website http://cuny.edu/employment.html Current users of CUNYFirst site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Afterwards, click Search job listings button and then the Managerial/Professional button to locate the position. Then, click on the Apply Now button and follow the application instructions. Prepare to have available your resume or curriculum vitae, a cover letter that includes projected research projects, a list with names and contact information of 3 references, and a writing sample relevant to this position to be attached onto the application. The resume, cover letter, and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf (preferred), .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin on March 1, 2014.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.