Job ID: 7683
Administers all aspects of student loan programs (e.g., Direct, Perkins and Alternative programs)
- Verifies and process forms and applications; determines eligibility and award amounts
- Advises students, parents, staff and community regarding loan eligibility, rules, and options
- Serves as liaison to collection agencies; coordinates default management interventions and processing
- Serves as a College resource on loan programs, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and sharing information with colleagues
- Represents the office internally and externally on issues related to loan programs
- Ensures compliance with University and governmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Works with Associate Director in support of the Direct Loan Unit, including Request Forms and topical information on paper and online.
- Supervises staff which performs duties associated with maintenance of application records for the loan program.
- Coordinates consortium agreements and serves as Study Abroad Liaison.
- Performs application intake, evaluation, processing, awarding and verification of eligibility for federal and state financial aid.
- Provides in person and over the phone financial aid counseling to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Works independently in keeping abreast of all regulations, changes and developments which affect student financial aid.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft (CUNYfirst) and/or other current automated student information/financial aid systems
$42,873 - $61,903; commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
DO NOT APPLY ON LINE AT THIS JOB BOARD.
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website (http://cuny.edu/index.html) and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on March 25, 2013. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.