Job ID: 7121
Provides operational support for College registration operations.
- Advises students of academic and administrative requirements; assists with registration
- Interprets and communicates academic policies and procedures; provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
- Compiles, generates and updates reports and surveys containing enrollment data
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collaborates with other College and University offices to assist with resolutions of student registration and record problems
- May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining the Master Course File
- May monitor and revise the content of the Registrar¿s Office web pages and other communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must be available to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours, as needed.
- Understanding of web-based applications and ability to perform simple queries.
- Strong writing skills required to communicate concise instructions and directions by e-mail to end users and to be able to troubleshoot problems and communicate solutions by e-mail to end users.
- Previous work experience in a higher education environment and experience in an Oracle/People Soft environment desirable.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
DO NOT APPLY ON LINE AT THIS JOB BOARD.
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website (http://cuny.edu/index.html) and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
- REOPENED -
The committee will begin reviewing applications on December 17, 2012. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.