The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10108
Directs a College Enrollment Management function.
- Designs, implements and executes an enrollment management plan through research and analysis of enrollment issues, trends, and models; provides leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals
- Develops strategic plans, establishes methods to implement initiatives, measures outcomes and monitors progress to achieve enrollment targets
- Partners with appropriate College units to apply coordinated enrollment and retention plans which provide services to students and applicants in an efficient and effective manner
- Administers data analyses and reports development related to critical enrollment issues; presents results to facilitate executive decision making
- Oversees department budget and advises on allocation of College funds regarding enrollment efforts across other units
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Director
Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, the Enrollment Director provides leadership, strategic enrollment planning, and oversight of student recruitment strategies. Responsible for directing colleague and staff efforts and managing ongoing operations across multiple departments that affect student enrollment. Works collaboratively with directors, providing leadership and technical assistance in the areas of student recruitment, marketing, admissions, student engagement, persistence, and overall retention and graduation rates with the purpose of improving enrollment management for undergraduate students from pre-application to post-graduation. Oversees the activities and operations of assigned functions; ensures that operations meet the strategic goals and objectives of the College. Coordinates all assigned programs and activities with those of other college departments and programs as well as outside agencies and organizations. Serves on a variety of committees and task forces; research and develop recommendations related to enrollment management. Maintains awareness in best practices and current developments in enrollment management, student services, and related fields. Conducts enrollment management and related research, interpreting and utilizing outcome data for the purpose of providing guidance to student affairs directors. Develops holistic vision for enrollment management and student support services; motivates colleagues and staff to achieve that vision through collaborative efforts. Develops, interprets, and applies college policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- Demonstration of increasingly responsible, administrative experience in higher education
- Experience in enrollment management and/or student affairs as well as expertise in the applications of technology to these fields
- Extensive experience with statistical research and its analysis and interpretation
- Excellent writing, editing, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Commitment to the values of public liberal arts education and appreciation for work in a diverse and fast paced work environment
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter, and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on February 24, 2014. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.