The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 9859
Directs institutional research programs and contributes to academic program planning, evaluation, and other activities related to the College's mission.
- Works collaboratively with senior management on issues of assessment, including general institutional effectiveness and measures of student success and learning
- Designs and oversees research efforts with an institutional scope and assists departments and offices with focused research needs
- Coordinates program reviews and accreditation reporting
- Manages institutional research data systems and other resources
- Maintains standard management information and official statistics for internal and external reporting
- Develops procedures to support analytical, planning, and assessment functions in student and academic areas
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Institutional Research Director
Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
This position is responsible for working with School of Education faculty to develop, coordinate, and maintain an assessment system that provides performance-based evidence of student outcomes and program quality to ensure continuing accreditation by CAEP, CORE, and CACREP.
- Serve as key central resource for all assessment processes including collecting, analyzing, displaying and disseminating evidence as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of all accreditation and other reporting requirements and ensure that the School is positioned to meet those requirements.
- Design, organize, and maintain data files and other kinds of evidence of teacher and counselor candidate performance.
- Prepare, review, and interpret data and make recommendations to Dean and Associate Dean.
- Provide support to faculty and the Dean's Office as necessary related to accreditation, national recognition, and/or other assessments.
- Play the major role in the creation, collection, and maintenance of program and institutional reports. Work closely with the Dean's Office, chairs, and program coordinators to achieve timely submission of documents.
- Create and administer surveys of alumni, students, and employers.
- Maintain communication with institutional and specialty program associations to remain up-to-date about all accreditation requirements, and disseminate current guidelines and timelines regarding all programmatic areas.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
Master's degree or doctorate in a related field preferred. Familiarity with Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP), and Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) accreditation requirements. Experience with assessment, evaluation, and accreditation in a college setting. High degree of proficiency with technology including Excel, Statistical Product and Service Solutions (SPSS), and Access. Familiarity with Survey Monkey. Experience and ability to work well with college faculty.
$82,299 - $106,071
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Title your email: Director of Assessment and Accreditation.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on December 26, 2013. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.