Job ID: 7687
Manages College registration operations and related activities.
- Oversees daily office operations; supervises the maintenance of accurate and secure student records; determines residency eligibility; enforces all retention and release policies regarding the confidentiality of student data
- Improves and maintains department performance regarding information processing through effective system management and staff development
- Reports on all matters pertaining to academic standards, academic petitions, student progress, and maintenance of enrollment eligibility
- Assists with developing strategic plan, evaluating outcomes and ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Provides auditors with appropriate documentation as requested
- May administer Registrar activities related to ¿Return of Title lV¿ funding
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Registrar, the Deputy Registrar will serve as a member of the office management team, and will represent the office on campus committees, initiatives, and projects as assigned. This person will promote productivity, collaboration, and coordination within the office, college, and university. Responsible for ensuring that the technology that supports office operations is effective and efficient. Provide project management leadership and assistance in technical and technological applications, functionalities, and initiatives in the Office of the Registrar. Collaborate with the Instructional Computing and Information Technology Office (ICIT) to develop, test, and maintain information system and web-based applications relevant to processes in the Office of the Registrar. Coordinate the development and maintenance of the Registrar's web pages and an office report library.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least six years of higher education administration or technology management experience, preferably in a Registrar's Office operation.
- Demonstrated project management experience, and proven ability in the planning and implementation of technical designs and solutions to solve business problems.
- Must have knowledge of Peoplesoft Student Records pillar.
$55,602 - $88,418; commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
DO NOT APPLY ON LINE AT THIS JOB BOARD.
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website (http://cuny.edu/index.html) and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on April 1, 2013. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.