Job ID: 9000
Supervises activities in an operational unit supporting Admissions and/or Enrollment.
- Oversees staff activities; plans and monitors employee scheduling and coverage and coordinates training
- Serves as liaison to one or more departments providing student support services, such as Financial Aid
- Coordinates selection process activities such as applications review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other CUNY areas
- Coordinates mailings and other communications
- Monitors activity and reports on both transactions and outcomes
- Completes projects to improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reports to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with developing and executing student communications, analyzing communication needs, determining objectives and plan strategies, and creating and updating corresponding print and web content.
- Maintain communication content in the client resource management tool: Hobson's CONNECT.
- Execute special assignments for the Director of Admissions as necessary for the effective operation of the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including open houses, presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, etc.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- A background in one or more of the following areas: marketing, public relations, sales, communications, education, or management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; motivational writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage
- Ability to collaboratively interact as a member of a team
- Capacity to work efficiently and independently on multiple tasks
- A high level of organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility and resourcefulness working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of applicable software applications; Hobson's CRM is a plus
Salary range, depending upon experience: $42,873 - $64,956
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
DO NOT APPLY ON LINE AT THIS JOB BOARD.
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website (http://cuny.edu/index.html) and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please have your resume and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to paste or type into the application before you begin.
Open until filled. Review of resumes to begin October 22, 2013.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.