The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 9924
Assists in planning, preparing for, and executing special events of various kinds.
- Assists in logistical and program planning for seminars, conferences, and special events.
- Represents unit to internal and external organizations and vendors, handling many inquiries independently.
- Organizes correspondence, accounts, contracts, and billing for all events.
- Creates and distributes marketing communications and materials; create and distribute any required event materials.
- Coordinates invitations, reservations, and ticket arrangements as needed; manages travel arrangements and/or special guest requirements.
- Assures technology and equipment are available as needed and operate properly.
- Collects information to evaluate program/event success, and report results to management.
Job Title Name: Administrative Events Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
Bachelor's Degree required.
$35,576 - $50,568; commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter, and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on January 20, 2014. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.