The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10173
Supports and consults with faculty, students, and others in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
- Provides day-to-day support for users of instructional systems
- May supervise a College help desk related to academic technology, supervising and training staff
- Designs, develops, and delivers training and orientation sessions on the use of instructional technologies
- May serve as an administrator and/or account coordinator for one or more systems
- Assists in demonstrating the practical application of computers and communications technology for classes and workshops for faculty or students
- May track problem reports, troubleshoot reported issues, and document resolutions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: IT Academic Technology Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under direction of the Manager of Education Technology, with wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment, the successful candidate will perform tasks in academic technology programs and/or projects. Performs a range of work in instructional design, development/programming, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Educational Technology area to which they report.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Assists as a technical resource for faculty and students.
- Provides one-to-one guidance to Faculty in the use of Blackboard, ePortfolios, online learning, mobile technology, and rich media across all disciplines in a professional setting.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of innovative pedagogical applications of the latest educational technology trends in higher education.
- Participates in the development of educational and tutorial websites, interactive learning modules, multimedia presentations, video/audio/print educational media.
- Keep abreast of the latest Educational Technology developments and adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
- Modifies existing applications as required.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology and current trends in educational technology
- Programming experience in ASP.NET, JAVA, and PHP
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL,MS SQL)
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Programming experience in mobile environments (e.g. IOS, Android)
- Experience in Tegrity, Kaltura, Camtasia, Adobe CS Suite, Adobe Connect, and BB Collaborate
$42,873 - $46,302
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" "Search Job Postings"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references
March 16, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.