Position Summary: The Department of Information Technology Services at Governors State University (GSU) invites applicants for the position of Database Administrator. We are seeking a Database Administrator for Ellucian Colleague ERP installed on a Microsoft SQL platform, Recruiter, and Blackboard LMS. The incumbent maintains the enterprise information systems that support the University's administrative functions, including student information systems, course and curriculum management, payroll, personnel, accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and advancement. As a database administrator, the incumbent works across technical and end-user lines to assist the work units in the university to fully utilize the available systems based on best practices and end-user needs. This is not a supervisory position.
Minimum Qualifications: 1) Bachelor of Science degree or degree seeking in Computer Science or related field,
2) At least five years supporting higher education ERP systems,
3) Above-average communication skills,
4) Excellent problem-solving skills,
5) Experience in database administration which includes, but not limited to, SQL, triggers, stored procedures, database security, backup and maintenance plans, etc., preferably Microsoft SQL Server;
6) Experience in business process analysis to work across technical and end-user lines to assist the work units in the university to fully utilize the available systems based on best practices and end-user needs
7) Experience in a high-level programming language,
8) Demonstrated knowledge of college and university ERP systems,
9) Experience in information technology project planning, development and implementation.