Title: Senior DoD/IC Research Engineer / Scientist
Position: Full Time
Level: Senior Research Engineer / Scientist
Primary Location: National Capital Region; San Diego, CA or vicinity Pittsburgh, PA
Travel Required: 35% CONUS and HI
Lab: Cyber Technology and Information Security Lab (CTISL)
Reporting To: C2 Mission Assurance Division
Job Description: This individual will serve as a senior technical representative and leader on a diverse team of developers and engineers to assure proper consideration of technical, programmatic, and management factors to support the analysis of Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) programs. As part of the technology analysis process, this individual will review specific operational environments to identify data sources and requirements that allow for improved situational awareness. This individual will document and present the results of this analysis, incorporating data from others as appropriate, and will develop, maintain, and coordinate documentation as required. This individual will serve as a liaison between operationally focused leaders and technical subject matter experts with the goal of providing solutions to real world problems.
Required: BS Degree in Computer Science, Math, EE, ITM
Desired: MBA or MS Degree in Computer Science, Math, EE, ITM
- 12 to 15 years of experience working in support of the DoD or IC in the following areas: systems engineering; software engineering; security engineering; certification and accreditation; data integration and analysis; identification and authentication; and software assurance tools
- 5 years of experience performing systems engineering; requirements analysis; system design and documentation development for DoD or IC programs
- Proven leader of diverse teams performing classified work to accomplish DoD and IC technical and operational objectives on schedule and within budgetary allocations
- Experience defining requirements and working with technical teams to implement requirements
- Technology leadership experience as an office and program manager
- Strong writing, research, analytical and presentation skills.
- Understanding and use of DoD/IC certification and accreditation process
- Excellent communicator whose sound decision-making, initiative and operational ability results in mission success, reduced costs, efficient management and overall programmatic success
- Clearance : Current TS/SCI
- Certifications: CISSP and PMP or equivalent
- Clearance: Current TS/SCI with CI or Full Scope Polygraph
- Academic experience such as Adjunct Professor
Other: Candidate must be a US citizen and hold a current Top Secret /SCI DoD security clearance.
Internal Notes (Not for Inclusion within the PVA)
This position reports to Ken Sweltz. Interviewers: Ken Sweltz, Scott McLennan and Steve Tomasko.