Job Summary/Basic Function: The Director of Institutional Research and Planning (OIRP) will provide leadership for the College's institutional research program. This program supports the continuous improvement of institutional effectiveness student learning, facilitates the use of College data in planning and decision-making, and ensures compliance with state and federal reporting obligations and accreditation requirements. The Director of Institutional Research and Planning (OIRP) will hire, supervise and evaluate all staff in the Office of Institutional Research and Planning and will manage the OIRP budget. This position reports to the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness.
Required Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of institutional research experience, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, is required. A minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience directly managing employees is required. Experience utilizing database, statistical, spreadsheet, and query software packages is required. Experience in higher education preferred.
Required Education: A minimum of a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Statistics, Educational Research, or related field is required. Graduate level coursework should include courses in research design, multivariate statistics and qualitative research.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, spreadsheet, relational databases, query software, such as SQL, and business analytic software such as Access, Crystal Reports or COGNOS.
- Knowledge of BANNER.
- Ability to design and conduct institutional research projects including research design, methods, sampling, statistical analysis, qualitative research methods and analytical techniques.
- Ability to approach problems objectively.
- Ability to query complex database systems to collect and organize data for institutional research.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, report and communicate complex ideas and research findings clearly and concisely.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Commitment and respect for diversity.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, diplomacy, and patience.
- Ability to work independently, yet manage group projects, facilitate group meetings and coordinate and supervise projects involving potentially multiple stakeholders.
- Strong collaborative and team-building skills.
- Ability to use small office equipment.
- Understanding and commitment to the College's mission and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment and to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: ($61,468 - $76,834) commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.