Job Summary/Basic Function: The Dean of Nursing and Dental Hygiene (Health Sciences) has oversight for the Nursing and Dental Hygiene departments and the Allied Health Programs at the college. The dean is responsible for working with the health sciences department chairs and faculty to maintain high academic standards in the health sciences course offerings. The dean serves as an advocate for the department chairs, has the responsibility for evaluating the department chairs, and has oversight of department chair evaluation of faculty. The dean is responsible for working with department chairs and faculty in the division to manage division resources and is responsible for budget oversight of all departments. The dean serves as the liaison between GPC and external organizations and works with the College's Grants and Sponsored programs, Institutional Advancement, and community initiatives to obtain external funding.
Required Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of full-time, progressively responsible administrative experience in a health field or in higher education is required. College or university setting experience with a knowledge of assessment, and external professional accreditation is preferred.
Required Education: A Doctorate from an accredited college/university in a health science, science or higher education field is required. Candidate must be SACS qualified to teach in the Nursing program at the college. (A minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter graduate hours in Nursing)
- Knowledge and skills in the management of fiscal and personnel resources.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the community college philosophy.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Clear understanding of quality curriculum assessment, development, evaluation and promotion, and tenure processes.
- Broad knowledge of allied health professional program accreditation requirements.
- Ability to provide leadership in academic planning and program development.
- Excellent human relation skills.
- Ability to nurture and promote a collegial environment that encourages the scholarly exchange of ideas and initiatives and to work collaboratively with counterparts on other campuses.
- Experience obtaining and administering federal grants.
- Experience with program accreditation.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.