Job Summary/Basic Function: The Assistant Director of Infrastructure - Network position provides leadership and administration in the planning, installation, configuration, performance and availability of the college's network (data and video) and telecommunication (voice) services. The position will ensure maximum system up-time in daily operations and safeguard the networks and telecommunication environments, both wired and wireless.
Required Experience: Five (5) to seven (7) years of job-related experience in support of network systems and data communications with at least one (1) year in information technology/systems management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field is desirable. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- In-depth knowledge IT architecture, technical problem solving.
- Working knowledge ITIL principles.
- Advanced level of knowledge in hardware and software architecture for data, security, voice, and video networking systems. (CISCO, Nortel, Packeter preferred)
- Experience supervising personnel and proven skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated experience of good practices in leadership, teamwork and facilitation.
- Good interpersonal skills to advise, instruct, recommend, delegate, direct, troubleshoot, and exchange information with various levels of users.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work independently with college-wide responsibility.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.