Job Summary/Basic Function: The Academic Systems Specialist serves as the application administrator of the college's academic systems. The specialist will interpret and respond to user problems related to academic systems and related third party products and services as well as perform project task assignments. The specialist will work closely with technical and managerial staff to develop and improve support procedures and ensure specific project goals are accomplished as a team.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience administering learning management systems is required; Desire2Learn preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience supporting faculty and technology in higher education is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year teaching and/or training experience is required.
- Experience supporting learning management systems, lecture capture systems and video/web conferencing systems is required.
- Experience in Windows and Apple environments is required.
- Experience creating technical documentation is required.
- Experience supporting web design tools, office applications, media management systems, and video/web conferencing utilities is preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Instructional Technology or related field is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Requires good interpersonal communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty, staff, and students as well as other USG institutions and vendors.
- Good written communication skills are also required for writing reports and business correspondence.
- Must be flexible, well-organized, and team-oriented.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to identify and resolve problems with limited instruction.
- Must be able to work on a schedule that includes nights, weekends or holidays (including on-call rotations) when required to address escalated issues.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.