Job Summary/Basic Function
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 35th member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century four-year liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools. With a current enrollment of over 9,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 11,000 students within two years, including both residential and commuter students. Located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area, GGC provides a student centered, technology-enriched learning environment. Gwinnett County (pop. 780,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
The Enrollment Management Associate in Financial Aid has the primary responsibility of counseling students and parents on their financial aid options. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid.
Specific Responsibilities include:
1) Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents via personal contact, phone and e-mail.
2) Assist students and parents with completing the financial aid application process.
3) Provide assistance to the Assistant Director with planning and conducting various financial aid workshops.
4) Assist the Enrollment Management team with any planning or help as needed.
5) Provide assistance with the processing of financial aid applications on an as needed basis.
6) Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director or Director of Financial Aid.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
1) Bachelor's degree.
2) Experience in financial aid or related student service areas.
3) Strong organizational and analytical skills; great attention to details.
4) Strong interpersonal skills.
5) Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Spanish speaking/writing skills strongly preferred
Knowledge of BANNER software system.
Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.