El Paso Community College (EPCC) is a dynamic, innovative and rapidly expanding educational institution with five full-service campuses and more than 30 community-based teaching sites. The College serves the needs of the largest sunbelt metropolitan community along the U.S./Mexico border, with a population exceeding 825,000. The College offers a seven-days-a-week class schedule in liberal arts, technical, vocational and non-traditional educational programs, with an enrollment exceeding 28,000 multicultural credit and non-credit students each semester.
This position is responsible for providing instruction in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the College, adhering to approved course syllabi, and using teaching methods that are appropriate to reach students of varying educational experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
You will develop and revise curriculum and instructional materials; serve as academic advisor and provide appropriate leadership and supervision in student activities; assist in the evaluation and selection of faculty, laboratory assistants and other discipline/program staff; and participate in related divisional and departmental programs, projects and committees.
- Associate's degree in Sign Language/Interpreting or related field and three years of
work-related experience exclusive of teaching (Master’s degree desireable)
- Certification by American Sign Language Teachers Association (ASLTA), Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), National Interpreter Certification (NIC) or Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)/Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS), or the ability to be certified within two years
- Ability to teach in both American Sign Language (ASL) and Interpreter Education theory and skill development courses
- Native first language ASL or Near Native ASL skills
- Experience teaching in the discipline
- Experience/ability to teach at the community college level and incorporate technology into the classroom
The College offers a highly competitive compensation program and benefits package,
including retirement, health/life/dental insurance, staff scholarship/tuition
reimbursement and sick leave accrual plan. Application deadline is December 6, 2013.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted. For detailed position information and application instructions, please visit our website at https://jobs.epcc.edu